CSTEP (Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program)
The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) empowers talented students from underrepresented backgrounds to pursue careers in science, technology, math, and engineering (STEM), the licensed professions and health-related fields. Our scholarly community of students, alumni mentors and faculty work hand-in-hand to increase the presence of underrepresented students in these fields.
Your support of CSTEP provides UB’s future doctors, engineers, pharmacists, lawyers and other licensed professionals enhanced programming, resources and opportunities with a focus on student success and career readiness, connecting our students with resources that make a difference.
With your gift, CSTEP can continue to offer our students experiences including:
- Paid research experiences where students gain career and research experience while working with a faculty mentor.
- Graduate school preparation where students get personal statement review; application fee waivers to select schools (including UB); and Kaplan Scholarships for standardized exams, including the GRE, MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, OAT and DAT prep courses.
- Funding opportunities for conferences so students can build skills and professional networking.
- Workshops and seminars where they learn from the experts from UB, industry and the Buffalo community.
- Tutoring to ensure that our students have the academic support they need to succeed.
- Educational trips and tours. Academic, professional and cultural opportunities are provided.
Thank you for your support!