The School of Law’s Office for Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion works with students, faculty, administrators, and staff to promote
diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency throughout all levels of the
School of Law.
Through programming and support, we work strategically to
develop relationships with students from traditionally underrepresented
backgrounds to continue to cultivate and maintain a diverse and inclusive law
The School of Law is committed to providing an environment where students, staff, and faculty from underrepresented minority groups excel personally, academically, and professionally. The Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion seeks to continue to collaborate with the various School of Law Departments and community partners to provide a comprehensive approach to executing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives. Through program development, strategic planning, and community outreach, the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strives to continue to create an academic community comprised of a diverse group of professionals whose differences are valued as a source of strength in our law school community.
How We Achieve Diversity:
- Recruit talented and diverse students, staff, and faculty.
- Provide support to retain diverse students, staff, and faculty.
- Develop a culture of respect and awareness for diverse identities and culture.
- Provide governance mechanisms through which diversity, equity, and inclusion concerns can be addressed.
- Engage the community by providing opportunities for members of the Buffalo-Niagara community to engage with students from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds at the School of Law.
- But we cannot do this work alone.
Contributions to the School of Law Social Justice and Racial Equity Fund will sponsor guest speakers, workshops, consultants, professional development, and other programmatic initiatives, that promote diversity and inclusion and benefit the School of Law's community and beyond.