CSTEP (Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program)
The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) empowers talented underrepresented students with the tools and support to pursue careers in science, technology, math, and engineering (STEM), the licensed professions. Our community of students, alumni mentors and faculty work collaboratively to increase the presence of underrepresented students in these fields.
Your support of CSTEP provides UB’s future doctors, engineers, pharmacists, dentists, psychologists, lawyers and other licensed professionals with enhanced programming, resources and opportunities with a focus on student success and career readiness, to connect our students with a network and resources that make a difference.
With your gift, CSTEP can continue to offer our students experiences including:
- Paid internship experiences both during the summer and academic year where students gain career and research experience while working with a faculty mentor.
- Service-learning and community service opportunities
- Graduate school preparation where students get personal statement review; application fee waivers to select schools (including UB); and Kaplan Scholarships for standardized exams, including the GRE, MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, OAT and DAT prep courses.
- Mentoring connections with alumni to provide insights into future career pathways to ensure that our students have the academic support they need to succeed.
- Funding opportunities for conferences so students can build skills and professional networking.
- Workshops and seminars where they learn from the experts from UB, alumni, industry and the Buffalo community.
- Academic, professional, and cultural opportunities are provided such as educational trips and tours.
- Annual Scholarship Support for alumni.
Thank you for your support – we appreciate you exemplifying our CSTEP Motto – “To whom much is given, much is expected”!